Thursday, 23 January 2014

Pink Spotting: Oh My Dior

Pink Spotting again, this time I found some pink. Oooh yeah. Cool Shades are on, guys. =]


http://www.ohmydior.org/

So this blog is called, hem-hem - OH MY DIOR. (Has a nice ring, yes? c: ) On the post called Colours For Blonde Hair (linked above), Pauline presents these amazing collages of potential mix and match items for those with blonde hair. It is incredibly inspiring, I am going to post one here and hopefully you can see for yourself...

click to enlarge -
Disclaimer: I do not own this picture


I left a comment on the post which I was gonna summarise, but then I thought, might as well just copy the middle bit XD LAZINESS PREVAILS

"I think most colours look good with blonde hair. I think it depends on how it's matched with other colours and accessorised. For example as I'm black, I always thought green and orange were too colours I should never touch, but I've seen many black women in wonderful outfits where either green or orange is the primary colour, and they look stunning. So I think it really depends.
Also I think that 'blonde' refers to a wide range of hair tones, so the shade that might look good on a strawberry blonde may be more or less effective if you have bleach blonde hair or other varieties. And also the shade of the colour you are wearing. I've always thought pink looks great on pretty much all shades of blonde, but bright/baby blue mainly for the lighter-coloured blonde hair, but that's just me :3 Also, I still love the colour blocking trend. It is still very much my style now!!!"


I forgot to say, but I also think your complexion matters. Is a person dyed their hair blonde, what colours they can wear and how they wear them will probably be different if they're dark skinned to if they're light skinned.

It's such an invigorating topic! I never realised I could yap on about something so much (e_e)


- click to enlarge -
Disclaimer: I do not own this picture

This image from the Oh My Dior blog really messes with me as well. Love the outfit on the left so much!! That skirt is simply incredible, I want one very much :3 Two colours I love with pink are lilac and grey. Oooo, make that three!!! Lilac, grey, and baby blue. They are absolutely the bomb, the bees knees, the three muska... fantastic four...?






Queenofpink xx

P.S. I've found so much more interesting bloggers over the past 3 months. I've found loads more bloggers in general. It's great! ^.^

6 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: thanks for recommending this blog. I will visit it. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta, thanks for your comment, as always! Yes, it's a great blog. I'm sure you'll like it :3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, and I'll check out your blog now! :)

      Delete
  3. The colorblocking trend is indeed amazing :D (I'm only not good in it) hehe x') Besides, the 'Oh my Dior' sounds sooooo amazing and the outfit in the last pictures is wonderful. The skirt is indeed so beautiful. I saw one like that on asos a while ago but it was soooo expensive -.-" x')


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been much for too much accessories or patterns or embellishments like studs and sequins on an outfit - I think I've always been drawn to simple, contrasting colours - tame yet bold at the same time. Oh, I agree! I kind of... couldn't breathe for a few seconds lmao XD
      I have been feverishly hunting this skirt down but with no avail. Following your suggestion I went to ASOS, but no luck yet! -sighhh.-
      Thanks again for your comment!! c:

      Delete